Getting to Hotham
Self Drive, Transfers and Flying to the Victorian Alps
It’s a wonderful trip by car, as Hotham is located at the highest point of the Great Alpine Road – a classic Australian motoring route. There is sealed road access from both sides of the mountain, ample overnight parking and unloading zones close to your accommodation. A Resort Entry Fee is applied to vehicles and passengers of coaches and taxis entering the resort during the declared snow season.
- Take the Hume Highway to Wangaratta and then the Great Alpine Road via Bright and Harrietville, travel time is about 4.5 hours.
- Or take the Princes Highway to Bairnsdale and the Great Alpine Road via Omeo and Dinner Plain, travel time is about 5.5 hours.
- Coaches depart daily from Melbourne’s Spencer Street Coach Terminal and Tullamarine Airport and travel via the Hume Highway to Myrtleford, Bright and Harrietville.
Travelling from Sydney
- Take the Hume Highway to Albury-Wodonga and follow the snow signs to Yackandandah then turn off to Myrtleford.
- At Myrtleford turn on to the Great Alpine Road to Bright, then Harrietville and Mount Hotham.
Travelling from Queensland
- Take the Newell Highway from Queensland to Tocumwal and Cobram, then onto Wangaratta and the Great Alpine Road.